Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 298: Text Displacement Map

I started by making a displacement map of the image (but first I burned the areas around his eyes, brow, hands and arms). I then added text using a cool dummy text generator called Blind Text Generator. I masked out everything but his face, hands, arms and rosary and changed the blending mode to overlay. I duplicated this layer, inverted the selection and masked everything except the shoulders, chest, eyes and rosary. I applied a gaussian blur and changed the blending mode to subtract. I created a 50% grey layer above everything and applied a 105mm Lens flare and set the blending mode to Linear light and erased the parts of the lens flare that went over his forehead. I dropped an old paper texture on top and masked out his fingernails and eyes and changed the blending mode to Soft Light. I finished off by creating a soft black vignette to frame the image. Wow, that was easier said than done :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment