Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 134: Metal Text on Concrete

This tutorial was one of the weaker ones I've seen on PSDTuts. The text effect was nothing more than a gradient overlay with a stroke and drop shadow (and they even  forgot to mention the drop shadow). The texture of the text was a simple motion blur. I didn't care for the concrete texture technique (it looked like black painted concrete). I choose to apply a concrete texture of my own, apply a light source from the top right and then overlaid the texture created in the tutorial on top of mine and then dropped the opacity. I prefer the background that I created much more than the text or background from the tutorial. It was nice to use as a jumping off point but over all this tutorial wasn't really well developed.

Tutorial link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment