Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 136: Orange Zipper

I found this lesson and photos in a UK magazine called Advanced Photoshop. I'm happy with the overall result and the compositing effect was interesting to work with however the techinque is way too dependent on the photos. For example, I had three pictures of the orange; one on a blank background, one with a zip actully taped to the orange and one with the orange in grass. In order to have the zipper work on any other image I would have to have a picture of an object with a zipper taped on it in order to get it to easily, and naturally follow the contours of the object. I guess my main frustration is the apparent lack of transferable skill I got from this tutorial since I can't see using what I learned without access to the stock photos. I could be wrong and might try it on another object but I doubt it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment