Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135: Tattoo and Image Tweaks

This was an interesting technique to apply a tattoo. It wasn't merely an overlay but several masked layers with an overlay(80%) and soft light (60%). I then applied a displacement map of the image prior to setting the tattoo. I changed the lighting quite a bit from the original image by first desaturating the picture then applying three adjustment layers (levels, brightness and curves). I then burned portions of the image to create more dramatic lighting.

I like the tattoo on his chin better than the one of his forehead. I should have looked for more vector brushes that would have worked better. Next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I find a better tattoo image.

This was a much smoother and more realistic effect than most tutorials on this topic,

Tutorial link

0 comments:

Post a Comment